Blogs are a brilliant way of engaging with travel customers and clients. They can offer an insight into who your company is and what your brand is about, whether they’re fun and friendly or serious and informative, about travel ideas or peace in the Middle East.
Blogs enhance your marketing strategy by bringing in new customers, pushing your website up the Google search rankings, positioning yourself in your industry, and getting information out there quickly and effectively.
So, how do you write a good blog that doesn’t have someone scrolling on after a few seconds? And how do you reach the right people?
This is what we’ll teach you on this course. There are various factors to consider before you begin and tried and tested skills which you can learn to boost your blog-writing ability.
This course has been written by Sophie Pither, a professional freelance travel writer who creates blogs for a number of businesses and articles for many prestigious publications including The Times, Condé Nast Traveller magazine, and The Telegraph.
The course will teach you how to:
- Describe the benefits of blogging and why you should blog
- Define your audience and identify blogs that relate to your audience
- Decide the tone of voice and brand-personality you will use to present your product or service
- List the tools and best practices that you can use to avoid brand-breaking errors in your written words
- List the importance of the 5 Ws when writing a blog
- Explain the importance of creating factual copy
- List a number of tips to engage, inform and entice your reader
- Describe SEO and how important keyword search is when producing a blog
- Recognise the value of analytics to blogging and how these statistics can help you to identify the success of your blogging
To build a great social media presence we would also encourage you to complete our ‘Increase your travel enquiries using Facebook’ course, which can be accessed from the travel courses page on the Progressive Travel Training website.