The internet is full of online travel guides, videos, blogs and booking tools. It doesn’t take knowledge of airport or airline codes, travel jargon and acronyms for a traveller to book their own travel, so why would they want or need to use a travel consultant? How can you convert more enquiries into bookings against this rise in online booking tools? This course answers both of these questions.
The author of this course, Fi Morrison-Arnthal, started her career in travel 30+ years ago and in that time has been a top seller of travel, and has recruited, trained and managed sales teams internationally to huge year-on-year success.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Move away from transactional (when, what, where, how long?) sales to consultative selling which immediately improves your chances of converting the booking
- Feel confident, and recognise the huge benefits for you and the customer of moving your consultation from email or phone to face-to-face using Zoom, Skype, Facetime or similar
- Develop a value-based sales service which creates positive emotions that motivate the customer to book
- Apply a number of techniques that will stop your customer shopping around
- Establish the importance of asking for the booking and what will happen if you don’t
- Identify when a customer is procrastinating and overcome their reasons for not booking
- Describe a four-step process to overcome objections
- Review your own after-sales service and your ability to create raving fans who book again and refer you
- Recognise the only way to compete with online travel booking engines is to provide a value-based service before, during and after travel that delights and creates brand equity
If you manage a team of travel consultants, we would encourage you to complete our ‘managing travel consultants to sales success’ course. For Travel Consultants our ‘blog writing to boost travel business’ and ‘increase your travel enquiries using Facebook’ courses would be very beneficial to your success.