Word of mouth referrals are the most powerful and effective form of marketing. Indeed, 92% of consumers trust recommendations from people they know. Once trust is established, conversion is so much easier. So, asking for referrals has to be part of your sales process.
If that statistic hasn’t quite convinced you to do this training, then let’s give you a few more which should.
- People are 4 times more likely to buy when referred by a friend
- 77% of consumers are more likely to buy a new product when learning about it from friends or family
- 43% of consumers are more likely to buy a new product when learning about it from friends on social media
- 84% of consumers say they either completely or somewhat trust recommendations from family, colleagues and friends about products – making these recommendations the information source ranked highest for trustworthiness
All of the above statistics come from Nielsen, a global, independent measurement and data company for fast-moving consumer goods, consumer behaviour, and media. I think you’d agree this makes them a highly credible source. Indeed, they are the go-to company for some of the world’s most successful marketers and sales people.
The author of this course, Fi Morrison-Arnthal, started her career in travel 30+ years ago and in that time has been a top seller of travel, and has recruited, trained and managed sales teams internationally. A critical part of her highly successful sales process, is ‘creating raving fans who will refer you’. In this course she shares all of the hints and tips that led each of her sales teams to huge year-on-year success.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the power of advocates
- Explain the success difference between enquiries received from standard marketing activities vs repeat and referral enquiries, which are generated from great, valued-added service
- Describe brand equity and how you can create a strong personal brand through the continuous delivery and development of a value-based service
- Review your own after-sales service and your ability to create raving fans that book again and refer you
- Recognise that the only way to compete with online travel booking engines is to provide a value-based service before, during and after travel that delights and creates brand equity
NB. If you need training on all parts of the sales process, then we suggest you purchase the full course ‘How to Sell Travel and Achieve Sales Success’.